Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted nine persons who were returning from a burial ceremony in Edo State.
The abduction took place on Saturday around Ifon area in Ose local government area of Ondo State.
It was yet to be confirmed if the kidnappers have made contact with families of the victims.
Ondo Police spokesman, SP Fumilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the abduction said operatives of the police and the Army have begun combing the forest with a view to rescuing the victims.
Ondo state Commander of Amotekun Corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye said his men were combing the Benin-Ifon to Owo forest in search of the victims.
Chief Adeleye said his men would take all necessary measure to rescue the victims.
But an unconfirmed report say 32 persons were kidnapped.
The state police command has not been able to give the actual figure of those abducted.
Mr Adeleye explained that men of the amotekun corp and other security agencies had been briefed and had since commenced search for the victims.