President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday swore in new Ministers who have been screened and confirmed by the Senate.
The swearing-in at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) was done in two batches of four and three each.
The first set was Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State, Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State, Odum Odih – Rivers State, and Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State.
The second batch included Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State, Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State, and Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State.
List of the ministers’ new portfolios:
- Adeleke Mamora – Minister of Science and Technology (formerly Minister of State, Health)
- Mu’azu Jaji Sambo – Minister of Transportation (formerly Minister of Power)
- Umanna Okon Umanna – Minister of Niger Delta
- Sharon Ikeazor – Minister of State, Niger Delta (formerly Minister of State, Environment)
- Gbemisola Saraki – Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development (formerly minister of state, Transportation)
- Umar Ibrahim EI-Yakub – Minister of State, Works and Housing
- Goodluck Nanah Opiah – Minister of State, Education
- Ekumankama Joseph Nkama – Minister of State, Health
- Ikoh Henry Ikechukwu – Minister of State, Science, and Technology
- Odum Udi – Minister of State, Environment
- Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Minister of State, Transportation
They will replace Ministers who resigned in May 2022 to pursue their political ambition.